What Makes EtonHouse Nature Pre-School Special?
EtonHouse Nature Pre-School is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School welcoming children from 18 months to 6 years of age. Our campus is poised for an exciting transformation in the coming months, guided by the aspirations of our families, which lie at the core of their child's learning journey. The school is situated in the midst of lush greenery, large outdoor spaces and natural surroundings in the heart of the Katong area.
Enriched Learning Environments
Our campus is undergoing a comprehensive transformation to enhance the experiences of our community bringing more engagements with nature. These enhancements encompass:
1. Sensory garden
Designed to engage and stimulate all five senses: sight, hearing, touch, taste, and smell, this specially designed outdoor space will provide a deeply immersive experience for children while promoting research, exploration, and learning in nature. Some of the key features of the garden are:
- Colour and texture-plants that offer a variety of colour and texture with vibrant blooms, contrasting foliage, and visually stimulating patterns as well as smooth leaves, rough bark, or fuzzy stems
- Tactile surfaces like pebble pathways, wooden structures and mosaics will add depth and variety to the learning
- Sound features like wind chimes to enhance the auditory experience
- Edible plants to develop in children a joy of harvesting and cultivating an interest in food and nutrition
- Butterfly trellis with butterfly friendly plants to engage children in exploration of these beautiful insects and their lifecycle
- Water features to invite inquiry, explorations and research
- Covered walkways and hidden spaces to encourage visual interest and intrigue
- Reading tree-a space where children will enjoy a reading experience in nature
2. New Additions: REMIDA (a creative reuse center), and a STEM studio.
3. Dedicated Ateliers: Designated ateliers for art, technology, and design will enable your child to engage with creative learning experiences. This includes delving into the language of gears and exploring digital landscapes.
4. A brand new playground with shade: A treehouse playground with shaded areas for hot days and for school events.
5. Bespoke Primary Preparation Programme: Our tailored programme for Kindergarten 1& 2 students readies children for the transition to primary school. Whether it's a local or international institution, this initiative hones literacy and math foundations, imparts essential skills including trips to primary schools, and extends its support to parents entering this new phase.
A brand new atelier of taste
The dining area will be revamped to offer children a more comfortable eating experience. Other than the environment, we will continue to work with our nutritionist who collaborates closely with our in-house chefs, to plan meals of nutritional value. We're committed to minimising sugar content, opting for ingredients that naturally enhance flavor, such as onions and carrots. Our culinary approach includes sourcing free-range fresh chicken and an array of wholesome fish, like salmon, red snapper, grouper, and barramundi. We use organic jams from France and premium sugar-free cornflakes from Italy. Additionally, we've selected 100% free-range fresh milk from Australia, ensuring your child receives nourishment free from antibiotics, GMOs, and hormones.
Enhanced Operational Flexibility
To better accommodate the diverse schedules of our families, we're expanding our operational hours to span from 7 AM to 7 PM. This extension provides families with the convenience of flexible drop-off and pick-up times, aligning with your daily routines.
Furthermore, we recognize the importance of consistent care during term breaks. Hence, our school will remain operational during these periods, offering engaging programmes at no additional charge. This way, we ensure a seamless experience for your child year-round, with the exception of public holidays and designated professional days for our dedicated educators.
Internationally Recognised and Trusted Programme
As an IB PYP school, our curriculum is renowned worldwide for its excellence. Moreover, we hold local accreditations like SPARK, which underscores the school's commitment to upholding high-quality standards.
We're eagerly looking forward to this transformative journey, one that reflects our dedication to providing an unparalleled educational experience for your child. Thank you for your trust and partnership in shaping their future.
Dual Language Environment With English and Mandarin
At all times, each class has two qualified educators — one who speaks Mandarin and one who speaks English. They take turns to deliver parts of each learning session in their native tongue so that over time, your child gets accustomed to listening and communicating in both languages.
Pathway to Primary, Secondary and High School
Upon graduation, families can choose to stay within the EtonHouse family. We have four Primary Schools across the island, including our modern EtonHouse Orchard campus that offers a powerful pathway from Primary to High School.
*Only schools authorised by the IB Organisation can offer any of its three academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP) or the Diploma Programme.
360 Virtual Tour
Take a Virtual Tour of Nature Pre-School
Sitting on a land area of 6050 square metres with a built-up area of 1250 square metres, the campus has sprawling outdoor spaces, presenting ample opportunities for children to embrace the natural environment.
What’s On Spotlight
Stay In The Know
UncategorizedMay 12, 2023 0
Curriculum, EtonHouse OrchardDecember 15, 2022 0
Curriculum, ParentingNovember 25, 2022 0
Curriculum, ParentingNovember 4, 2022 0
Community, ParentingOctober 14, 2022 0